12826847

I have 9 points but fear I may have been flashed by police

Customer Question

I have 9 points but fear I may have been flashed by police van recently. I have not attended a course in the last 3 years so will I be likely to get offered the course or will it mean an automatic disqualification? FYI...doing poss 40 in a 30.
How long ago?
What are the dates of your points?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Was possibly today that it occurred.
Previous points were 6 in 2013 and 3 earlier this year in May.
I am sorry but they are not going to offer the speed awareness course. They would normally only do that for a person with no previous points or only three at the most. Unfortunately here their view would be that it subverts the intention of Parliament which was that repeated offenders should be banned for totting.
The other points are in time sadly so if they do summons you then your only hope would be to argue that exceptional hardship applies to avoid totting.
I'm very sorry but that is the reality of your position.