13262538

I am the named Executor of an individual's will. The Court

I am the named Executor of an individual’s will.
The Court of Protection, on application, appointed a Deputy for the individual’s property and financial affairs
Responsibility for health and welfare has been assumed by the County Council who accepted the individual into care.
Sadly, it is apparent that death is now imminent.
At death, does the Deputy’s authority then cease and devolve (on grant of probate or on evidence of the Will?) to the named Executor.
Simply who is initially responsible for incurring post-mortem costs on behalf of the deceased
I am particularly exercised by, say, the funeral arrangement and the corresponding responsibility for costs and would appreciate your advice on this.
Also, on transfer of such responsibility do the associated Deputy’s fees accrue to the Estate, please?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionThe Deputyship ends on death and the Executor then becomes responsible for the funeral arrangements - which are the first call on the Estate.The Fees of the Court of Protection are also dues from the estatePlease ask if you need further detailsClare