12826847

My shotgun lincenec has been taken by my local police.

Hi my shotgun lincenec has been taken by my local police. This was due to an alligation made by my wife while suffering from depression and during a period of marital diffucuties. She called the police and claimed she fealt threatended by me, the police arrived and I left my home for a few weeks. I have since returned and my wife is now taking medication and getting councilling. I have returned home and she is calm etc. The alligations were false, she was very confused at the time. I have been to a ploice station to make a statement a coup[le of months ago. I have no police record and have held a shotgun l,icence for over 25 years without issue. I have not heard anything from the police. Could you suggest a next step or two please.
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.
Were you arrested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, just asked to leave to avoid any more upset, she was very upset at the time so I agreed

Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.
What exactly was her allegation to the police?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she told the police I had threatened her and that I had pushed her across the room, there were in the house at the time and know that was not true, she was very disturbed and the time and made a number of calls to the police ofver the following couple of weeks. She was very close to being sectioned but her sister and I spent some weeks supervising her over a 24 hr basis until her medication took effect

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
This is their current policy.
Are you asking how to appeal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm not sure of the best way forward, should I write to them, are they bound by any obligations to deal with my request, they apprear to just delay with explanation, I understand the situation was one that required action some action on thier part but given the circumstances and the explanation I provided, under caution, I can see no reason for any further delay

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can do that but it is a waste of time really. There are lots of reasons for it with which I won't bore you.
The only challenge is to appeal. You have to appeal directly to the Crown Court. The police may well not resist particularly strongly. It is all a game of risk management. They have revoked your licence following your wife's actions because it is the safest action for them. If the court returns it to you then they can hide behind that decision if there are any other incidents.
Whether it will succeed or not is another matter. The plain fact is that they have had this call. It is not your fault. I know that some people use the police as a mediation service. However, a call has been made that has led to police intervention and there may be a concern about shotguns in the circumstances.
You would have to gather evidence to support your application. Your wife will be the most important witness but the trouble with her evidence is that everything is a double edged sword. If they want to find against you they will just say you are controlling her or some other similar nonsense.
Don't put up with this. We all have rows. We don't all call the police about them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jo thanks, ***** ***** threatend me with this again recently and I'm finding myself in a very difficult situation, I was hoping to work this out with her but its a long process and the shotgun licence was just the next step to trying to get my life back in order, I'll go with the appeal ... and think again about my furture, thanks again

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is impossible. She is a professional victim. If you google that term you will see what I mean. It has a medical diagnosis. It is called narcisstic personality disorder. It roughly translates into being a malingerer who enjoys the attention of being a victim and doesn't always tell the truth.
Don't out up with this. It is just as abusive to call the police every time you can't have what you want as it is to be violent.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice