ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Alex I'm a solicitor who retired from private practice in

Hi Alex
I'm a solicitor who retired from private practice in January and my practising certificate falls due for renewal next month. I sit part-time in a judicial capacity and seem to recall that, in that respect, a solicitor no longer needs to hold a PC. I don't particularly want to renew, if I can avoid it. Do you happen to know the answer? I've tried researching it online but without success. Apologies for the curved ball: completely understand if this is outside your field.
David
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
It is my understanding that you need a practising certificate to carry out a reserved legal activity. The Legal Services Act 2007 defines reserved legal activities and it specifically does not include activities of a judicial nature.
Check out:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2007/29/section/12
Kind Regards
Caroline
Positive feedback is gratefully received.