12826847

My father has recently started a claim loss with

Customer Question

My father has recently started a claim for hearing loss with a firm of solicitors on a no win no fee, which I assume is a CFA.. They have now written to him saying that due to not being able to offer a decent level of representation due to issues at their firm, they are now passing his claim to another legal company. They still however, expect to be paid thus far and say that the new firm will also expect a new CFA agreement to be paid also.. is this legal, or are they in breach of contract somehow
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
They want paying if the new forms wins?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The initial law firm are no longer in a position to assist and are therefore passing the case to another firm if my father consents.. The issue is that they still expect to be paid, even though they are now not able to help due to issues at their firm..It has nothing to do with the case, they appear to have some restructuring or business issues at their firm so surely it is their own problem and shouldn't expect payment for not being able to progress the case.. If it was my father dropping the case he would still be liable, so why should my father have to pay for services not completed.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Paid if they win?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They will require payment for what they have allegedly done up to now..then they are going to pass the case on to a new law firm..where a new CFA will be set up.. It appears there is a case, but they are now saying they are not equipped to handle it.. surely this is not right and this firm should not have took on the case originally

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do the terms of the CFA allow them to do that?