75100385

My girlfriend has been accused of libel. She stated the reasons

My girlfriend has been accused of libel. She stated the reasons why a performer was not selected for an event we are staging. The reasons given are to the very best of our knowledge true and factual.
In turn this performers boyfriend has accused us of libelling her by stating these reasons. He has published the accusation that it was libel widely on social media sites (the comment he objected to was in a single facebook discussion which has been taken down due to his harassment over a period of months causing my girlfriend to suspend her account). He has also accused us of 'protecting an abuser' or 'only doing vetting to bring an abuser to our event' etc. All of which is absolutely untrue and absolutely sickening to us.
I would like to know if he can bring a case for libel even though what was said about his girlfriend was true, if there is any way to stop him accusing us of libel in public.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If it is true then no, there is no libel. Further the person would have to show 'serious harm' in order to even bring a claim.
Even then they can only issue proceedings in the High Court. Sadly if you want to stop them, the same applies, you need to show serious harm.
Sometimes sadly people just need to grow up.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/