75100385

The Council as had a complaint from a neighbour that I am subletting

The Council as had a complaint from a neighbour that I am subletting ( Not true ) Two C Council officers called when I was out. Thy infromed my next door neighbourof the allegation and asked him for information. Is that lawful?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I assume they asked the other neighbour, not the one making the complaint?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The neighbour they asked information from is not the one making the complaint. I do not know which neighbour as made the complaint but it's not this one we are good friends. I had the same problem last year. I moved from Birmingham to Cornwall four years ago. Last year my son, his wife and five kids (12 to 2 years old) came to visit me while on holiday in Cornwall. I had three of the kids stay with me for two nights. He and his family came to visit me over the August bank holidays. I guess that 7 people visiting this village at once is to much for some neighbours to cope with.

Can the Council ask - yes. If there is an allegation then the Council are under a duty to investigate. It is like if someone gets hit in a club and the Police ask people if they saw X hit Y. The same thing, they must be able to make reasonable enquiries.
What they can't do is disclose personal information about you, but an allegation is not that.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Alex I appreciate your reply. I just hope i can get this sorted so I do not have the same thing the next time I have visitors

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.