75100385

I am a Housing Association tennant and have been offered a

I am a Housing Association tennant and have been offered a replacement heating & hot water system by my landlord. The work involves replacing the existing boiler and removing the secondary heating ie a gas fireplace with an electrical point. I do not wish to lose my gas fire but this is a condition of the replacement system. I thought it was a legal requirement for landlords to provide a secondary heating system for backup. Have the reqgulations changed and if so when? If not, did they ever exist? I have already opted out of the replacement system but can I change my mind if I accept the landlords terms because my existing system is inefficient?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can wait. Am I in the correct catagory?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Yes, you are in the right category.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can wait

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could there be a reason for the lack of an answer?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I have not had any feedback on this question. It could be the price offered or it could simply be too specialist an area.
We will continue to look for a professional to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I will see if I can increase the price.

Can you set my question to needing a higher level response as I cannot see anything in settings.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I have marked this as High Priority to alert Experts that you still need a response. I will also send the question to all Experts again.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll wait just a little longer. Thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you still require assistance ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would prefer to have my answer by text as I cannot remember long phone conversations. What further information do you need?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
There is no legal requirement to have a secondary heating system for backup, there has never been such legislation. Indeed many Association properties have just central heating and hot water.
If the Landlord instals a new system and it does not work, then yes - you can change your mind.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience