12826847

Custody advice pet

Custody advice for a pet
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Weil my suitution is that I took the cat with me as I felt that marmalade my cat would not be looked after probably as the amount of times that my dad who isn't my real dad I was just adopted he doesn't look after the way I do. I have had a family of cats who most of them lived to the ages 17-20 years. He does not feed or give her water and to me that's the most important thing
Who paid for the cat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think he did not sure
To whom is the cat registered with the micro chipping company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She isn't chipped I don't think
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So if she is chipped registered to me theN what's my legal standing on keeping the cat
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
If he bought the cate then the cat remains his property, unless he then gifted the cat to you. The law is very clear that cats are regarded in law as the ‘property’ of their owner. I hope that this helps. Happy to discuss. Please rate positively.
I'm afraid the answer above is completely wrong.
If you give me a few moments I will type out the correct answer.
He can seek a declaration of ownership from the county court.The court will consider a number of factors such as who paid for animal but also to whom it is microchipped, who looks after it daily, to whom it is registered at the vets.If any microchip is inserted after you left then that evidence is fairly worthless I'm afraid. If it was earlier then it becomes stronger.The longer you look after the cat the better your case is.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No ok thank you
No problem.
Please remember to rate my answer.
All the best.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice