31090051

I knit and crochet and saw a picture of a D&G bag which I decided

I knit and crochet and saw a picture of a D&G bag which I decided to try and copy, my bag would never be mistaken for a designer bag and I designed my own handle and fastening. Am I allowed to sell my pattern? Or if not, am I allowed to give it for free?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
What bits of the designer bag did you copy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was a crochet bag made with straw, made up of motifs. I copied the motifs and order they were put together but made mine with cotton. I have pictures of original and mine if they can be sent here

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Photos would be helpful. Send them to***@******.*** and ask for them to be forwarded to JGM.
As the moderator is in the U.S. And I am in the UK there may be delay but I will come back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pictures Sent thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got an email saying your responded after my pictures but nothing here

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I caused a system error. I'm still waiting for the pictures. Don't reply to this and I'll come back as soon as I get them from the site moderator.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I've had a look at your pictures. The only real similarity is the flower pattern and that is not something that DG can have IP rights to. You can sell or give away the pattern as you wish. You should not mention DG of course.