JG_Legal
JG_Legal, Barrister
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
79731440

I moved into a property and the agency said they will send

Customer Question

I moved into a property and the agency said they will send my details to npower. The details were sent by my landlady and were wrong. Npower never sent me a welcome pack or at least to acknowledge me moving into the property, however I woke up with a massive bill. I never lived in properties were I was in charge of my own energy so I was unaware of a lot of procedure.
Now they say I have to pay in full to be able to change supplier and I found a clause in their T's and C's saying my debt can be transferd to the new supplier providing myself and they agree. Tried to sort it out since beggining of August been promised few call backs and emails was supposed to have an instalment payment but until now I still don't have anything and to top it up I received a pay reminer. I started work for an energy company and I kinda know the ins and outs of this situation. What I'm wondering is do I have a case against them with ombudsman??
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.
When did you move in to the property?