75100385

I was caught speeding 37 in a 30, my thoughts are, that

HI i was caught speeding 37 in a 30, my thoughts are, that there are no speed signs or repeaters on that road at all, the road is 1 mile long, i have now been summoned to court, reading the statement of the man in the traffic van, hes says when set up on that road, he checked the signs were correct, so thats a false statement.
When i received my speeding ticket, i argued the case over the phone, all i got told was i don't know that road, just fill out the form and put a wee note in explaining why i don't think i should accept the ticket.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you want to try and get out of the ticket?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i do

You said there were no signs, had you come into a 30 area beforehand?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but on a different road, i had to turn right onto the road in question

But it was a 30 on that different road?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes 30 on the previous road

Ok, it's bad news I am afraid. If it was 30mph on a previous road and there was no indication the speed limit had changed then you are stuck. That is because there had been no indication the limit had changed.
They do not need to have it signposted on every road or repeated. Otherwise every road would require signage which is not practicable given the Amount of roads there are.
Sadly unless you were told otherwise the previous speed limit of 30mph applies. If you go to court then sadly you are highly likely to lose.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.