Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I need to know if I have a case with the ombudsman

Customer Question

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
can you provide some more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I moved into a property and the agency said they will send my details to npower. The details were sent by my landlady and were wrong. Npower never sent me a welcome pack or at least to acknowledge me moving into the property, however I woke up with a massive bill. I never lived in properties were I was in charge of my own energy so I was unaware of a lot of procedure.
Now they say I have to pay in full to be able to change supplier and I found a clause in their T's and C's saying my debt can be transferd to the new supplier providing myself and they agree. Tried to sort it out since beggining of August been promised few call backs and emails was supposed to have an instalment payment but until now I still don't have anything and to top it up I received a pay reminer. I started work for an energy company and I kinda know the ins and outs of this situation. What I'm wondering is do I have a case against them with ombudsman??
From what you have stated they have not followed their own procedures and as such you can raise a complaint with the Ombudsman who can on your behalf investigate this matter. Happy to discuss. Please remember to rate positively