How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70292
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I would like to know if I have any claim from a physic on

Customer Question

I would like to know if I have any claim from a physic on line who commits that if one is not happy with results they will honour us with our monies to be refunded which I have repeatedly asked for but to no avail Thank You Charlotte XXXXXXXX

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Are they UK based?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

t reason that I am not happy with their results is that they were that is a physic by the name of Asha would have different birth dates to mine on several occasions also different supposingly different lucky numbers so I got a bit suspicious about what was going on and decided this was not for me Thank You I dont know what else I can say sorry

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What I need to know is whether they are UK based?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry I do not see anything to tell me where they are based

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you pay by credit card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I did pay with credit card

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How much was it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was one payment of £39.00 another for £260.00 total £299.00

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello please how do I rate your answer thank you

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If the agreement said satisfaction guaranteed or words having similar effect and you are displeased then you do have a claim.
The question here is how can it be pursued. If he is UK based then it is simple. You just at the small claims court. If you cannot find an address for him or he is based outside the UK then that cannot be done.
The other alternative is to ask your credit card company to claw back the sums in question. They may refuse. You do have a claim against them under S75 CCA as they are liable on behalf of the merchant.
They won't be very happy about that but if you sue them at the small claims court it is not likely they would contest the claim.
Can I clarify anything for you?