12826847

My fiance and I have been together 2 years but never

Hello my fiance and I have been together 2 years but never lived together. Since we have been together he has gifted me large sums of money totalling 45 000, 30 000 was one transfer alone to my account without warning he has ended our relationship but I'm concerned where I stand legally regarding the money he has given me over the years
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if you can keep it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends what he says on the point.
If he accepts it was a gift then it cannot be recovered.
However, if he says it was a loan or a joint purchase of some kind then it is a defence for you to say it was a gift but it is very unlikely that it will be accepted I'm afraid. Courts just don't accept that cash transfers are gifts. Lovers do buy each other expensive presents all the time but cash transfers are just not romantic gifts I'm afraid.
If he does seek to recover and you were not married then it is likely that he would succeed I'm afraid.
I'm very sorry but that is the reality.