How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33125
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have been with my husband years. We have been

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have been with my husband for 31 years. We have been married since 1992. We are thinking of splitting up. We have three boys 18, 19, 21. They still want to live at home. I really just need to know what I what be entitled to with regard to share of the house etc. the boys want to live with me. Thank you in advance for your help. My husband has a villa in Spain.  This is not in my name and nothing to do with me as such.  Am I entitled to any of this?

Yes you will be entitled as a starting point to half of the estate - this will include all property owned by either of you. This will thus include any property in the UK, in Spain and pensions. All of the assets are theoretically put in a pot and split 50-50 - where there are children involved or a party is still working and the other not then there can be maintenance or a greater share for one person. happy to discuss - please rate positively
Thomas Judge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you