Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I have been with my husband years. We have been

Hi, I have been with my husband for 31 years. We have been married since 1992. We are thinking of splitting up. We have three boys 18, 19, 21. They still want to live at home. I really just need to know what I what be entitled to with regard to share of the house etc. the boys want to live with me. Thank you in advance for your help. My husband has a villa in Spain.  This is not in my name and nothing to do with me as such.  Am I entitled to any of this?

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Yes you will be entitled as a starting point to half of the estate - this will include all property owned by either of you. This will thus include any property in the UK, in Spain and pensions. All of the assets are theoretically put in a pot and split 50-50 - where there are children involved or a party is still working and the other not then there can be maintenance or a greater share for one person. happy to discuss - please rate positively