Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

The upper tribunal has refused or not admited my application

Customer Question

the upper tribunal has refused or not admited my application for permission to the upper tribunal and also said there is no further right of appeal in this circumstances, please can you advice me about any court or any application that i can make to challenge this decision
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Although you have exhausted your rights of appeal, there is nothing to prevent you issuing judicial review proceedings of the original decision or of the appeal. Judicial review proceedings are separate from any rights of appeal. Basically, a judicial review will review the legality of the decision taken. If the decision taken was illegal, or irrational or not in accordance with law, then it can be set aside. This judicial review will be issued in the High Court in the first instance and should you be unsuccessful there, you can appeal the decision on the judicial review to the Court of Appeal. So, just because the Upper Tribunal tells you that you have no right of appeal, this does not mean that it is the end of the road.
2. Be aware that you can seek a Legal Aid certificate for a judicial review application, or you can present the application yourself.
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please can you advice me on the type of judicoal application form and th court that i will lodge the form and the fee, thank you

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. The relevant form is T480. Here is a link to the judicial review claim form you need.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Read the guidance notes, they will assist you.