Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I received my leave to remain immigration appeal court date.

Customer Question

I received my leave to remain immigration appeal court date. How can I ask for a change in date from the court. Want it to be heard earlier than the date given which is in 8 months time.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Firstly, in both the First Tier Tribunal and the Upper Tier, there is always a "Case Management Review" hearing when the court reviews the case to date and allows parties to serve any amendment to the case to be presented before the Tribunal. If your case is not for hearing for 8 months, then there will be a Case Management Review hearing before the hearing of the case. it is important that you attend this hearing as otherwise the appeal can (under rule 7.2 of Practice Direction of the IMMIGRATION AND ASYLUM CHAMBERS OF THE FIRST TIER TRIBUNAL AND THE UPPER TRIBUNAL) be determined if you don't show up and you have no representative. At this Case Management Review, you will be able to seek an earlier date. However, I would warn you, that given the backlog in cases, you are unlikely to be successful in your application. You will have to show some reason for priority to be accorded to your case, as for example, some urgent pressing reason. Otherwise you case will be treated the same as all the others and must take its place in the queue of cases.