How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10635
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

How can I find out if I am included in my estranged, late mother's

Resolved Question:

How can I find out if I am included in my estranged, late mother's will?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Initially, a Will is a private document, but once Probate has been obtained by the Executor(s) named in the Will, it becomes a public document, and a copy can be obtained via the Leeds Probate Registry.

Probate is required where an Estate is valued over £5-£10,000.

Here is the link, explaining how to obtain a copy-

On a side point, the Executor is under a duty to notify all beneficiaries of their entitlement, so if you are included in the Will, you should be notified by the Executor.

I hope this helps you and answers your question.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Aston. How soon after the bereavement should the executor inform any beneficiaries of the will?

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hi Paul,

There is no strict rule as to when they should do this, but it would normally be within 2-3 months from when they start to administer the Estate.

Probate can take anything from 3-12 months to obtain, depending on how complicated the Estate is.

Hope this assists.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you