JG_Legal
JG_Legal, Barrister
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
79731440

Allowed customer to take vehicle. Now6 weeks down the line

Customer Question

Allowed customer to take vehicle. Now6 weeks down the line called at customers house they said unsatisfied with repairs and refused to pay. First offered me £50 then increased it to £300, I wouldn't accept, never once have asked how much the bill actually is. The total amount owed is £1650. Also customer was informed as to the extent of the work required during the process.

Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.
You need to write to your customer explaining the work you carried out and the agreement (enclose the final invoice). Give him 14 days to respond and/or pay. Say you will start a small claim if the dispute remains unresolved. If he doesn't pay or even respond after 14 days you can start a small claim through the Northern Irish courts (a claim of less than £3,000). This is the official site and provides all you need to start the claim: http://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-gb/aboutus/usefulforms/smallclaims/Pages/SmallClaims.aspx.If this answers your questions please accept my answer. If you require further clarification please ask.
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.
If I have answered your question please accept my answer. If you require further clarification please ask.