75100385

FAO Alex Watts. , The Defendant successfully had a judgement

FAO Alex Watts. Hi, The Defendant successfully had a judgement against him set aside and as a consequence the Defendant ‘escaped’ having to attend the scheduled court questioning regarding his finances. On returning to court the judge again found in favour of the claimant and I now need to get him to court for questioning regarding his finances. Can I apply for this right now or do I need to give the defendant ‘reasonable’ time to pay before applying for this?
Also the Judge advised the defendant that he could appeal to a higher judge, but he would need to hear the defendant’s case for appeal. The defendant said he wanted to appeal and gave the judge his grounds. The judge denied the appeal request. Is that now it?
Pete
Hello my name is ***** ***** thanks for asking for me.
Did the judge give a time to pay judgment? When was judgment entered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hearing was on the 4th Sept, not yet received anything in writing. will chase for the formal document to see what it says.

On the subject of the Defendant potentially appealing the 2nd judgement made against him is there still an appeal route he can use?

Pete

Then the default for payment is 14 days. There is an appeal route yes to a higher court.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Judge advised the defendant that he could appeal to a higher judge, but he would need to hear the defendant’s case for appeal. The defendant said he wanted to appeal and gave the judge his grounds. The judge denied the appeal request. Is that now or can he still approach a higher court?

Yes. You always have a right to appeal to a higher Court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just for info.

Thank you very much for all your advice. My 100 years of age Grandmother-in-law had £13,500 ' extracted' from, her. After exactly 2 years and much input from you she now has her money plus interest back in her account.

The bonus being that the Police last week pressed charges against the chap for theft.

Thanks again

Pete