12826847

We have a mortgage with GE Money that started in 2002 it was

Customer Question

We have a mortgage with GE Money that started in 2002 it was converted from a repayment mortgage to interest only at this time, the amount of mortgage we had was £180,000 however when we sold our house for £355,000 in 2007 we were informed that we owed £290,000 on the mortgage? we also have another property on a mortgage with GE Money that has £130,000 owed on an interest only mortgage, Is it possible that GE Money have mixed them up somehow? we have spent several years trying to get to the bottom of this but gave up a few years ago having found it a daunting task that has had made my wife ill, and suffered a heart attack 5 yrs ago, I therefore dropped it to avoid any more stress.
Any advice would be most helpful, we have not sought any professional advice as we could not afford it.
Brian kelleher
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
When sis the error incur in 2007?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When we sold the house in 2007, we asked the lawyers, Countrywide, to redeem ALL mortgages in our name with the proceeds. In 2009 we discovered that they had failed to redeem the mortgage on our other house - we had a record of our request and a named lawyer who was handling our transaction- but after 2 years (2007 - 2009) the lawyer in question remembered us, but did not recall our instruction (by fax) - they gave us copies of all the relevant paperwork, but the vital instruction was missing - they also had a report from GE Money stating they could find only the one mortgage for us - from the house we had just sold. Yet having not paid the mortgage on our remaining house for some time (because we thought it had been redeemed in 2007) the house was repossessed (locks changed etc) - we were able to pay back the arrears and take our house back - and restart mortgage payments. No one can help and with time passing it has become very difficult,

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have you asked for a statement yet please?