75100385

I have filed a claim through Money Claims Online and

Customer Question

Hello, I have filed a claim through Money Claims Online and the defendant has not responded in the time allowed. However, I have noticed a mistake in the statement of the claim. It is for a car that I purchased, and I typed the date of purchase as 2002 by mistake (which is the year of the car), rather than 2015. I am wondering if I should request judgement anyways or if I should file an amendment to correct the mistake in case the defendant is later able to contest the case. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No, not at this stage. If there has been no response and no defence then you can enter Judgment in default. They must reply within 14 days to a claim.
You can amend it later if necessary, but you dont need to do that yet.