29905560

If I claim my state pension will it affect my redundancy and

If I claim my state pension will it affect my redundancy and 90 day payment. The firm I worked for went into liquidation this morning. I am 66 years old and have not yet claimed my state pension
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What 90 day payment are you referring to please? Is that your notice period?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think so. Liquidators said to dign on at job centre to receive it but cannot sign on because of my age
Neither your redundancy pay nor your notice pay would be affected by your decisions in relation to the state pension. You were officially made redundant and as such would be due a redundancy payment and your notice period. These are payable regardless of what you do in relation to the state pension. However if the company or liquidators cannot pay you these because there was no money left then it would be the government that pays these so you will have to make a claim directly from the insolvency service - the liquidator can provide more details on this and the steps to claim.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your advice. When you have always worked and never had to claim for anything it can be quite scary. Thanks again