75100385

I paid holiday of us on my credit card the company

Customer Question

i paid for a holiday for four of us on my credit card the company went into liquidation so i tried to claim on the credit card they would only refund me half the money as my friends had paid me their share of the holiday cost, this has been bugging me can i do anything else about this problem
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have already been through claim procedure their final answer was to only repay me for my half of holiday not my friends as they had paid my cash for their share but i am still out of pocket as i paid for the second accommodation!!!!!

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then you should issue a claim.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is no help at all i have aready done this

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So you have already been to Court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no not to court only dealt with card company

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes but you need to issue a claim AGAINST the card company.
I have outlined the process above. You can do it online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.