75100385

I have had my property fully managed years My

Customer Question

I have had my property fully managed for 2 years
My tenant has moved out and during the inventory check out found that she had chopped a mature 40 year old tree down amongst various other things
I have had a rough estimate sent to me for £2,500.00 for a tree only a quarter of the size
The tenant has offered me £200 back from her £900 deposit
Where do I legally stand?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, is it worth me raising a dispute? Or should I settle for the £200 when just the tree alone is over £2,500.00 to replace??
Then £2500 is your loss.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In your opinion , would this be worth it financially for me to do this - what are my chances of recovering my losses?
Yes I think it would be worth it. As to recovery it depends on whether your tenants have a decent job etc.
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.