75100385

I suffered abuse while a 17 year old recruit in the

I suffered sexual abuse while a 17 year old recruit in the British army in 1984.
I believe this caused me to pursue an unsuccessful marriage with a woman and sexual problems for my whole adult life.
Is it now too long since the event to sue for damages?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Sadly yes. You have 3 years to sue for damages which starts from when you are 18, which would be 21.
If I have done my maths correct this means you would have needed to bring a claim by 1988. As you are 25+ years over this I am sorry to say you are out of time. You can still complain to the Police though and they could be prosecuted and you may get some compensation under the criminal Courts, but not a civil court.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.