12826847

I have a four and a half year old GloWorm boiler that had problems

Customer Question

I have a four and a half year old GloWorm boiler that had problems last winter which took the company three months (throughout the winter) to resolve after finding the fault had been caused by one of their engineers at the outset. I have a service contract with Homeserve and when I noticed the boiler was leaking a couple of weeks ago I called out an engineer. The engineer said that the leak had obviously been going for some considerable time and the boiler had corroded and was now deemed to be beyond economic repair. He disabled the boiler and I have now been without any hot water or heating for the past week. I have made numerous calls to Vaillant, Gloworm and Homeserve (normally held in a queue for up to 45 minutes before anyone answers) and no-one is able to tell me whether the boiler is covered or what they are going to do about it. Nobody ever calls me back (even the 'person' in customer complaints I had an online chat with yesterday lunchtime took 30 minutes to get through to her own company and finally said I would be called back. Nobody has. Should I be able to claim for a new boiler that is only four and a half years old from the manufacturers, Vaillant/GloWorm? Homeserve, the insurance cover people, say I am covered for faulty parts but not if it is declared BEM (beyond economic repair), even though the reason it is BEM is because the boiler is faulty.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Who did you purchase the boiler from?