How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question

ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 779
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Been with partner 3years not legally married cohabiting,got

Customer Question

hi been with partner 3years not legally married cohabiting,got 1 child aged 2, rented for 1year then i borrowed deposit money from my parents to purchase house on sole my name and all bills,mortgage, up-keeping was done by myself as partner didn't work at all or even contributed more than £500 for anything in the house, the relationship has since broken down and she has left and taken all her belonging including items she had in the house (cutlery,sofa, all items she purchased),the house was never to be joint or never did i make intention to her that we would share. does she have any right to the property now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.


Welcome to Just Answer

Thank you for your question.

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

This type of case in dealt with under the Trust of Land Act. For your ex to have a claim in respect of your property under this Act should would have had to:-

1) paid a deposit

2) contributed towards the mortgage

3) added value to the property through redecoartion / renovation.

I note that you have already confirmed all of the above dont apply - so your ex will have no claim.

Your ex could consider making a Schedule 1 children Act claim for provision for your children - this would be for your children though and not for your ex.

Kind Regards


Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.

Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to rate positively - kind regards

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions