ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery

Been with partner 3years not legally married cohabiting,got

Customer Question

hi been with partner 3years not legally married cohabiting,got 1 child aged 2, rented for 1year then i borrowed deposit money from my parents to purchase house on sole my name and all bills,mortgage, up-keeping was done by myself as partner didn't work at all or even contributed more than £500 for anything in the house, the relationship has since broken down and she has left and taken all her belonging including items she had in the house (cutlery,sofa, all items she purchased),the house was never to be joint or never did i make intention to her that we would share. does she have any right to the property now?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

This type of case in dealt with under the Trust of Land Act. For your ex to have a claim in respect of your property under this Act should would have had to:-

1) paid a deposit

2) contributed towards the mortgage

3) added value to the property through redecoartion / renovation.

I note that you have already confirmed all of the above dont apply - so your ex will have no claim.

Your ex could consider making a Schedule 1 children Act claim for provision for your children - this would be for your children though and not for your ex.

Kind Regards

Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.

Please remember to rate positively - kind regards