ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My son suffers from asparagus syndrome his ex wife is saying

My son suffers from asparagus syndrome his ex wife is saying he was violent throughout there marriage which is untrue she was the violent one so she has managed to get legal axe we cam not get it is there anyway we could be granted this on those grounds as he would not be able to stand in court and talk as he finds this most difficult and he stands to loose access to his son if you could help I would be most greatfull thank you
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.

It is possible for both parties in a case to get legal aid - if they can both obtain domestic violence evidence.

I note that you partner considers that it was actually him that was the vicitm of domestic violence.

Domestic Violence has a wide definition.

If your son has suffered physical, emotional or financial abuse in the last two years and if you can get evidence and he also qualifies on means then he may be able to get legal aid and a solicitor to help. Please see this link - in particular the GP letter - if her GP is satisfied that he is suffering from a condition such as stress as a result of his ex's behaviour and he completes the template letter - then he should take this to a Legal Aid Solicitor for a financial assessment.

https://www.gov.uk/legal-aid/domestic-abuse-or-violence

Kind Regards

Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As this was about nine years ago since they parted company I don't know this would apply he did have to go to the doctors because of depression and was put on medication would this help I just don't know as he is registered disabled could we get help

Thank you for your response.
Have they been in communication within the last 2 years? If so how has the mother behaviour been towards your son during this time?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's all very volatile she has stoped access to his son that is why we are going to court sometimes it's ok other times it'd not good

Thank you for confirming that.
Even if their relationship ended 9 years ago - if her abusive behaviour has continued and has taken place in the last two years then he can still get domestic violence evidence.
Your son needs to explain his ex's behaviour to his GP. If the GP is satisfied that your son is suffering from stress as a result of his ex's ongoing behaviour and completes the template letter - this will be your sons domestic violence evidence to take to a solicitor for legal help assessment.
This is what he needs to take to his GP:
http://www.naccc.org.uk/downloads/medical-evidence.doc
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please remember to rate positively.