Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Sir/MadamI have lived in britain from 2002 and iam now

Hi Sir/Madam I  am  british as of 2009> i have daughter and she is 20 years old ,she was born ,lived,educated and studied in Syria but she has a candian nationality and passport > she has now come here to visit me and i would like to ask you if there is any possible way to keep her with me as a member of my family because she wouldn't like to go to canada and i am too worried about her so i don't want hre to go back to Syrya for safety reasons> i hope there is a possible way to do this . thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

I will continuing waiting for an answer .and thank you for your responding

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. At the outset, it would have been preferable if you had taken your daughter into the UK back in 2009, when you were first made a UK citizen. The usual rule is that adult children over 18 cannot get a visa on the basis of their parent's UK nationality. The only exception is if your daughter could be said to be a "Dependent" relative of you. This would be the case, if she had an illness which required care from you or from your financial circumstances. Being wheelchair bound, having schizophrenia, having some illness - these would allow you to get her in on the basis of dependency. Otherwise, she will have to find some way of accessing some other category of entrant, such as a student studying in the UK, or an entrepreneur who can provide investment or job, for example.
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience