75100385

My dad wanted to buy a caravan. He found a lovely

Hello. My dad wanted to buy a caravan. He found a lovely site and we spoke to the salesperson. He showed us all around the site and dad loved it. He said, if we signed up to it, he would throw in a small veranda and also a BBQ set. That sold it to us.
Dad signed all the paperwork, used the last of his savings, £18k and we were waiting to get the keys, once the caravan had been moved into the plot we had chosen. We then found out there was no other plot, or veranda. Where do we stand?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I am not sure what you mean about 'no other plot, or veranda - was that discussed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When dad had been shown the caravan, Darren, the sales man said we had two plots for us to chose from. One in the middle of the site, one at the end. He also said they would put a veranda on the side of the caravan (decking area). Dad decided to go ahead. When he signed all the paperwork, he was very evasive when showing us the forms, but said everything we had discussed was included. The caravan was then moved, but to the wrong plot. On questioning it, Darren said it was all his fault and would rectify it and give us 2 free gas bottles to apologise. It was to be moved last week, when I received a call from him, on my holiday, to say he was really sorry and there wasn't another plot, but by way of an apology, he would give us a wrap around veranda and put us at the top of the list for a sea view plot. When we went to the site on Saturday to discuss, he no longer works there and hadn't done for a week and everything he told us was lies. Unfortunately, in the contract, he didn't write about the veranda, but neither did he write "nil", which he should of done. Do we have any come back with this? Thank you, Corinna
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What is the cost please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
It was £18,000. They wouldn't move on the price, however, we did find out on Saturday, that apparently it was up for £20k, but with so many lies flying around, who knows!!
Thank you, Corinna.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I see, so they said one thing but in reality it turned out to be another is that right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. They sold us the caravan, in a plot that we had chosen, with the veranda added, the BBQ set and dining set. The veranda swayed it for us, as my dad has a puppy, so that way we could leave the door open, but know he would be contained within the veranda. The only thing we did get, was the caravan. We now have the BBQ set and dining set, by way of compensation, but it was the veranda we wanted, but the manager said he wasn't able to do that. I said, well, you need to speak to your manager then, as that was how it was sold to us. Dad doesn't want to end the contract. He's spent about £1k buying everything for it. We just want was sold to us. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, forgot to rate you and now it won't let me do it. Will do it next time without fail.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, this is breach of contract by false representation.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, thank you for your response.
Just a couple of things please, to clarify. We don't want to end the contract, just have the items that were promised with the purchase of the caravan.
He has accepted that the caravan will stay on the plot where it located at the moment.
Can we claim for just the veranda that was promised? I have a company coming tomorrow to give us a quote on the cost of it.
Can I claim that through the county court please?
Many thanks, Corinna.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
1. You can sue and get the Court to order them to have the items promised.
Yes it is something you can claim for.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does, thank you very much. Corinna.