75100385

My daughter on her flight back to the UK by Qatar Airlines

Customer Question

My daughter on her flight back to the UK by Qatar Airlines from Perth Australia had to sit for about 3 hours in the a/c which was delayed on the apron.She missed her connecting flight at Doha which was further delayed and arrived too late for the intention she traveled to London.She also could not inform me and incurred a taxi fare of£65 on top of all the inconvenience She has taken up the issue with the airline which offered her a goodwill compensation of £65 which can only be used by Qatar airlines and quoted a ridiculous high return fare even taking into consideration the voucher value.She is now flying back by Emirates where the fare without any consideration is half of what was quoted.She is an ex-air hostess and I am an ex-commercial pilot since 1967 and familiar with aviation rules.The treatment she received was insulting and she is determined to sue for a refund of fare as being a heart patient could have demanded to be off loaded and knowing the inconvenience it will have caused did not do so.If she proceeds in court could I represent her case or do I need a lawyer.The amount of compensation the court decides on is immaterial as long as I prove she does have a claim.Please be so kind as to give me advice.Thanking you Capt A.V.XXXXXXXXXXXX
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial. You can represent as long as she is there.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/