ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Can I prove I am my daughters mother with out getting 4 pass

Customer Question

can I prove I am my daughters mother with out getting 4 pass names by signing on oath to give her our static caravan
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and I will try and assist you.
Please can I ask:
- who is asking you to prove that your daughter is actually your daughter?
- do you have your daughters birth certificate?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it is bun leisure the owners of the site who say it is law that I show how I got the name I have now. from my daughters surname she has given them her marriage certicate and birth certicate but they say it is now down to prove my name was her maiden name even thou it says on my marriage certicate, that proves she is mine but not that I am that person. On the form it says a signed oath can be given but they want other certicates are they right.

Thank you for your response.
I understand that you have provided a copy of your daughters birth certificate and marriage certificate and they are ok with that but that they are struggling to prove you are her mother despite you having provided a copy of your marriage certificate - which presumably shows your maiden name. It does seem from your description that you have provided everything so they can identify you. Perhaps if you have used several surnames and they might be missing a link?
If there is an oath on the form that you have from them then you can get this signed in front of a solicitor. This is a set fee of £5
If they haven't given you an oath then you can ask a solicitor to prepare one for you. A statutory declaration could be used to confirm that the surnames you have previously used and why your daughters surname might be different. A solicitor would normally charge about £100 for this.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so on their form it says tick one or more of the following.

a written declaration under oath explain family relationship between the occupier and the proposed occupier.

birth certificate or adoption.

a certificate of marriage or cival partnership.

we have shown her marriage and birth certicate.

I now have a copy of my marriage certificate from 1959.

but they are still asking for more have they got the right to look into my past like that surely if I go and signed on oath that must be accepted.

If there is a link missing to evidencing your previous surnames then an oath with you confirming the position as to your previous surnames will sufficeif they have detailed they will accept the same.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Positive feedback is gratefully received
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know anyway out of this as they now say they do not accept the form that I thought was the law regulations 2013 si 2013/981 I have to do it there way.

find all the various links by certificates .

Ask if they will accept a statutory declaration.
A solicitor will be able to prepare one for you for about £100.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Positive feedback gratefully received
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IF BUN LEISURE SAY THEY WONT ACCEPT A SIGNED OATH CAN THEY DO THAT THERE ANSWER ON SATURDAY THEY CANT CHANGE THERE RULES JUST FOR ONE AND SO AS THEY HAVE TOLD ME ALREADY THEY NEED ALL MY CERTIFICATES TILL I CHANGE MY NAME TO THE PRESENT ONE. I CAN NOT REMEMBER WHEN I GOT TWO OF MY MARRIGES . I AM 72 YEARS OLD THEY ARE ASKING ME TO REMEMBER DATES WHEN I WAS IN MY TWENTIES.SURELY THERE MUST BE SOME WAY I CAN PROVE I AM THE MOTHER OF MY CHIDREN WITH OUT ALL THESE BAD MEMORIES.

If you are struggling to get all the documents then a statutory declaration confirming the position in respect of all the names you have been known by really is the best you can do. Have you asked if they will accept this?
Kind Regards
Caroline