13262538

My husband and I divorced in 2008. At that time he was earning

My husband and I divorced in 2008. At that time he was earning £32,000 net, working as sole director of an architectural practice ( limited company)
I have recently applied to the child maintenance service to review his payments for his daughter
I have been advised that he is now earning £150.74 per week gross and I have been advised that maintenance payments have been set at £50.40 per week
I £150.74 per week he is running a 5 bedroom house, 3 cars and takes several luxury holidays each year including a trip for 4 to Florida and New York! Clearly there is income from another source that he has not declared. If it is in the form of dividends, which I suspect it is, is it legal to pay these to himself to avoid tax? And therefore it does not get accounted for in his gross taxable income ?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help
It is almost certainly dividends and all you need to do is to ask the cSA to complete a re-assessment taking into account dividends received
I have no idea why they do not do first time around - but they don't!
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details