Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I was a student on a certificate course iin a college in Peterborough.

I was a student on a certificate course iin a college in Peterborough. I attended all the sessions and completed the work passing all course work. I raised cocnerns with the college on 1 June about a tutor on an informal basis. Three days later this tutor made an allegation of bullying against me because she claimed I ignored her during a three hour input session. I was suspended and after an wnquiry excluded. I was not given access to the information against me, i was never given a copy of the disciplinary procedure and advised that there was no right of appeal. HELP
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
who undertook the suspension hearing and when was this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The complaint was dated 9 June 2015 and the decision to permanently exclude was made 21 July 2015. The de is ok was taken by the academic Vice President who trained with the tutor who complained against me and who offered the complainant emotional support. The complainant actively inserted herself in to the investigation offering advice about how to justify permanently roving me from the course and who the sought to discuss the matter with the external examiner
It is likely that if you were not provided with a copy of the disciplinary procedure then the process may well have been unfair and you may have a right of action. I am also concerned as to how matters appeared to have played out on your behalf. I would formally write (and if necessary get a solicitor) to write asking for the disciplinary procedure by return. You may have a potential claim against them. I would also contact the Students Union to see if they have a copy of the process.