75100385

I have just received a summons notice saying I drove wrong

Hi. I have just received a summons notice saying I drove wrong way down a motorway slip road. I did do this after an incident blocked the M60. Myself & many others escaped the jam by slowly driving down the slip road. How am I best responding to this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
I assume you accept you drove the wrong way down the slip?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I do

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
And you did it just to avoid a jam?
You are aware its against the Highway code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I followed about 30 other cars but assumed we were helping the situation by reducing the number of cars stuck on the motorway.

I assumed we had been directed to do this by the traffic police but obviously not.

I assumed we had been allowed to use this route & therefore in this instance within the law. I know it us actually against the law.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its bad news I am afraid - it is against the law. Sadly you are guilty of an offence, unless you were actually directed by Police then it is against the law. Police can divert if there has been an accident but they won't just because there is a queue.
But it appears you have committed an offence, so looks like you would need to plead guilty. I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want it to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.