JG_Legal
JG_Legal, Barrister
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
79731440

My company has been scammed by someone accessing my supplier's

Customer Question

My company has been scammed by someone accessing my supplier's e-mail and setting up a HSBC account in Manchester to receive money from us.
I spoke to our bank Barclays, who asked HSBC to stop withdrawals from the account, but they claim all of the money had been withdrawn.
Since then I have sent e-mails to HSBC, have had no answer.
I reported the crime to the police and to fraud action their response has been to e-mail to inform me they may not be able to give me a answer for at least 28days and it met be longer
I have tried to speak to HSBC but they say because I am a Barclays customer they cannot speak to me, but go though the channels I have mentioned above.
Is there any other contacts which could help?
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 2 years ago.
Is your annual turnover less than 2 million Euros? And do you employ fewer than 10 employees?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£ 10m turnover
And more than 10 employers
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 2 years ago.
I believe you may have a claim against HSBC if they negligently allowed a bank account to be opened. Do you know if the bank account was purporting to be your supplier's?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 2 years ago.
I think it would be better to have a live discussion about your matter as I have a number of questions to ask. Have you seen the proposed offer of a call?