12826847

This is a question about speeding. My husband was caught speeding

Customer Question

This is a question about speeding. My husband was caught speeding through a temporary motorway speed camera. The previous road works had been clearded but tge cameras were obviously still in action he was caught doing 58 in a temporary 50 mph.
He has a company car and the car is leased.
The offence was on 27.04.2015
The police write to the lease company on 30.04.2015 the lease company responded
The police then wrote to his employer on 25.06.2015 they responded
The police then wrote to my husband 28.07.2015
He responded within 7 days - the police acknowledge they did not put his response onto the system until 13.08.2015. ( delayed due to bank holidays )
Husbands requests speed awareness course.
No points on licence / clean license for over 5 years.
Greater manchester police say that he cannot go on the course. Whislt he is eligable the time frame in which they (the police) acted meant that he was out of time. - after chatting with the police central ticket office he only had 48hrs to reponded to the notice issued on 28.07.2015 and for it to be processed and accepted.
In short he was denied the opportunity to be accepted onto the course due to their processing delays.
Is there anything he can do. He works as a project manager and averages 80k miles per year. The company will not be happy about the speeding offence - especially as they have just renewed their insurance provision.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this?