ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I want to take my parents abroad weeks they claim

Hi I want to take my parents abroad for 2 weeks they claim income support do I have to notify the benefit agency
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
You should contact the benefits agency and let them know - although this will not affect their income support as it is less then 28 days.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My father's worried if we notify them then they will stop all his benefit and it is a headache to get it all reinstated. Wil we get in trouble if we don't notify them

Thank you for your response.
My apologies for my delay in responding.
I have attached the Governments Guidance in relation to income support. Page 75 deals with holidays abroad.
The guidance does not state that you have to notify. Although some people do like to confirm in advance so that they can be assured that their benefits won't be affected.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/297972/is-20.pdf
Caroline