How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33038
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My wife left 16 months ago and is now try to halt the sale

Resolved Question:

my wife left 16 months ago and is now try to halt the sale of the family home she left, what are my options and could she demand to move back in
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
is the house in joint names?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Firstly she is entitled to move back into the house if it is in joint names. You would be entitled to sell the house on the basis that you have split up and there are no children. If she refuses to agree to the sale then you would have to take the matter to court I am afraid for an order to sell the property. This is pretty straight forward. Happy to discuss. Please remember to rate positive .
Thomas Judge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you