Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

My daughter lives with her mum and I see her every weekend

My daughter lives with her mum and I see her every weekend (every weekend :) ). I have lived with my father since we split up - 9 years and now I am buying a house and my daughter would like to live with me. She is 15 (16 in Feb 2016). Can she just move in? Her mum already knows because I have informed her some time ago....I know she will be difficult, she isn't that nice to be honest and only cares about the money etc...
Thanks,
Steve
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve, Let me see if I can help. Are there any court orders in place? What does your daughter want to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No court orders and my daughter Lauren wishes to live with me asap.
Ok. If there are no court orders then in reality the child can at that age vote with her feet and live with either parent as long as it is safe to do so. You can apply to the court for a child arrangement order to confirm the position - but the reality is that the court would not go against the wishes and feelings of a 15 year old. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive. Thanks