Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I live in a semi detached house with a party wall.My neighbour

I live in a semi detached house with a party wall.My neighbour has rendered his wall his side,also had a makeshift roof covering his side entrance, which has leaked water through rhe wall outside after many discussions, with him he finally took the roof down last week,it was perished the wood holding it up was wet and rotten.My wall is still very damp we have been using a humidifier to extract water it is running all day have extracted quite a bit of water over the past few days. H ow long we have to keep running this humidifier to dry the wall out I just don't know.The wall need pointing in places and some fungus has grown on the wall.We do know what to do for the best.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest that in a situation such as this you should get a surveyor (ideally this should be agreed between the two of you) and then the surveyor can recommend what work needs to be done. From what you have written the neighbour will be liable - if the cost of making good can not be agreed then you would need to take him to court (relying on the surveyors report) for the appropriate costs. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive - thanks