75100385

My daughters school has given her a detention

my daughters school has given her a detention for something she wrote on facebook.no ones name was mentioned but they say it was obvious who she was talking about .it was a post my daughter put up about a girl in her school who was picking on a girl about her accent??
does the school have any right to do this .it wasnt posted in school time and i feel the school should not get involved and that if the parents concerned thought anything about it then they should have contacted us .
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i would like an answer please
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you would like to know please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It sounds like the school does not. It is not anything to do with the school as it does not (I assume) mention the school and was posted outside of school times.
So no - they should not have done it.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience