ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Is it against any law man to be looking under a female

Customer Question

Is it against any law for a man to be looking under a female changing cubicle door?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
It is my understanding that the circumstances you have described could be charged under Secton 67 of the Sexual Offences Act. This is more commonly known as voyeurism.
Please see link below for the Crown Prosecution Service guidance on this offence.
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/s67__voyeurism/
Kind Regards
Caroline
Positive feedback is gratefully received. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** satisfied his intentions were not sexual in nature, just wanted to be sure that by me not reporting him, I am not leavimg myself open to further problems.
Thank you for your response.
My apologies for the delay in responding to you.
Whilst there is no duty to report a crime, however I would be concerned that if you are in a position of authority that you have a duty of care to customers / clients which could be a civil breach if something was to happen in the future.
Kind Regards
Caroline