13262538

I need help in seeing my Granddaughter Lily, her Mother took

Customer Question

I need help in seeing my Granddaughter Lily, her Mother took an overdose so my Son has
been given custody. Unfortunetly my son does not want anything to do with me, so it makes it very difficult for me to see her. Lily wants to see her Nanny to, I know that.
My Granddaughter means the world to me.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youHow old is your grand daughter and when did you last see her?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My grand daughter is 5 years old and I last saw her three weeks ago.

Circumstances have changed since then as it was my brother that picked

her up from home, when he went to take her home I said "Could you please ask Jay if I could see Lily next week"", and he said in three weeks, I was not happy with him trying to control when I see my granddaughter as it means a lot to Lily and myself that we see each other. I was amazed at her recent question to me, "Nanny when I grow

up can I choose where I live". She told me when she grows up she will live with me. I am sixty five and if I am still alive by then, she is most welcome to.

How often did you see the child in the average month prior to contact stopping
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When Lily was with her Mother I saw her once a week, sometimes more.

Why is your son refusing contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My son has told me he wants nothing to do with me, I can only think it is because I have had problems with alcohol in the past. He has never understood addiction, although he has one he never puts his mobile down.

He allows my brother to pick Lily up when he says as long as he doesn't see my face, so its very much up in the air if you like, I feel I am living on my nerves, it means the world to me and Lily that we see each other. I saw Lily on sunday and said to her when its half term it would be good if Daddy would let you have a sleep over at Nannie's, she cuddle into my arm and said Don't think daddy will let me, he does not like you. I have been told by my brother and daughter to keep in with her mother as that may be a way of seeing Lily. I have texted her mother and she has not answered, which I find upsetting. The whole situation is very upsetting.

I do understand how upsetting it is - but I need to ask - do you still have a problem with alcohol?