75100385

Honda CRV 2010, 65,000 miles, serviced by Honda main dealer,

Customer Question

Honda CRV 2010, 65,000 miles, serviced by Honda main dealer, weekly checked for oil and water by me. Timing Chain snapped. over £3,000.00 damage. Honda UK offered half. Is this reasonable? (my view is that this part either had a manufacturing fault or parts failure). No mention of inspecting this part on maintenance service programme suggesting it should last the life of the engine.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you had an engineer report saying that it was manufactured correctly or it was defective please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I have not had an engineers report. I did contact a materials analysis company but they estimated this would cost just short of £1,000.00

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the total cost within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.