12826847

On 1 June 2015 I ordered gymnastic equipment from Ideal

Customer Question

On 1 June 2015 I ordered gymnastic equipment from Ideal World. Off their own back, they delivered it to our daughter in Scarborough (instead of to me, in Oxfordshire). At the time my internet was down. When it was back, I discovered this. 18 June, they acknowledged this occurrence. They said, when I phoned, that they would collect it from our daughter Mon - Friday and deliver it to me. I told them that this was not possible, our daughter & husband work full time. I rang them 23 August and was told by Mr Richard Dzouza that the cost would be refunded and they would collect it? When my credit card bill arrived this week I discovered that no refund had been made, and no arrangements made to collect it from our daughter. Can you please advise me how to proceed, because I am furious & frustrated. Pamela **************

Are you willing to sue them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not keen on suing them, is there another way?

No, not that will always succeed.
The reality is that there are really three options. The first is to keep debt collecting by means of harassing them until they pay. The second is to write the money off as a bad debt. The third is to sue.
The first doesn't really seem to be working so far and I imagine they second is unattractive to you.
That only really leaves the option of suing. Before you do sue I would suggest a letter before action giving them fourteen days to pay and warning them of the risk of legal action if they do not. That might achieve the end you want. It does sometimes.
If it fails though then your only option is to sue them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. At the moment I think I like your suggestion of telling them that I will sue if they don't clear the problem within fourteen days.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Pamela ***************

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/