Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practising Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

A property is sold in which there is a schedule of

Customer Question

A property is sold in which there is a schedule of conditions. It prohibits the new purchaser from building to the north of the building without the written permission of the vendor. Hoeever a large building is built some eight years later without the
written permission of the vendor. How long does the original vendor have to object before the new building is accepted as legitimate?
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 2 years ago.
HI there. I will try and help
Where a breach of covenant breached the limitation on enforcement is 12 years.
that is the case where a covenant is in a Deed. If in a contract then it is only 6 years.
I hope this helps. Do ask any follow up questions. If you are happy then please leave positive feedback so I can be paid for my time. The question wont close and if you think of any questions later down the line you can come back to the question and post again