75100385

Freedom of Information Act 2000.. I have made a formal written

Customer Question

Freedom of Information Act 2000..
I have made a formal written request for information on my mother who was taken into care with her brother in 1920. I have successfully obtain my uncles journey thanks to Birmingham City Council by providing me with the relevant paperwork. IE The homes he went too and his papers when he was in care in Canada As for my mother's information I am stuck with the Coventry City Council Governance department. They have advised me the information about a deceased person I have requested is not valid under the Data Protection Act and my FOI request is not appropriate because under S41 the information could contain sensitive information which I am fully aware off. The information I am looking for is where she stayed, her journey and why she never went to Canada with her brother.
When a child is transferred to another home their paperwork goes with them,hence Coventry have the paperwork to when she left the system in the early 1930s.
Can I ask is my request under the FOI valid and can I appeal for I have heard nothing from the Council and they have had my request for over 40 working days.
Thank you Tony
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
If you have not heard anything or your request has been rejected then you can complain top the Information Commissioner. They can investigate and see whether it was a valid request - they can be contacted at: www.ico.org.uk
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not received a reply however I have slipped up on my access request for I have filled the Data Protection form not the FOI.

Do you advise I start again.

Yes as its a different process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have resolved my problem. Will you confirm i have cancelled my unlimited subscription. Thank you

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to contact customer services to cancel that, I would be grateful.